Protect Your Health and Home: The Importance of Professional Mould Inspections
Jan 12, 2023
Mould can grow in your home and it can make you and your family sick. A recent study found that building problems are the main cause of mould growing. When mould is in your home, it's important to find out what is causing it and how to make it stop growing.
A professional mould inspector can help you find out if you have mould in your house and what is causing it. The inspector can give you a list of things that need to be fixed to stop the mould from growing.
We can help so get in contact here or here.
Download the Infographic here and keep it for reference.
10 Point Checklist
- Indoor mould growth can have significant immediate and long-term health effects on occupants of a home or building.
- A recent study found that building defects are the leading cause of mould proliferation, with water infiltration through leaks in roofs or walls being the top contributor.
- Mould growth is a common problem, with 20% of homes in the United States and Europe found to have mould growth.
- Many governmental and nongovernmental groups have issued recommendations regarding the dangers of indoor mould to human health.
- A professional home inspection by a qualified mould inspector can uncover a wide range of danger signs.
- The inspector should be able to pinpoint the main source of mould growth and provide recommendations for remediation.
- A mould-infested building can put the health of the occupants at risk, and prompt action is needed to address the problem.
- Failure to address mould growth can lead to costly repairs and possible legal liability.
- A qualified mould inspector can help to protect the health and safety of building occupants, as well as the building itself.
- Don't wait, schedule a professional mould inspection today to ensure the safety and well-being of you and your loved ones.
Felipo R, Charpin D. Structural Home Defects Are the Leading Cause of Mold in Buildings: The Housing and Health Service Experience. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2022 Dec 12;19(24):16692. doi: 10.3390/ijerph192416692. PMID: 36554570; PMCID: PMC9779167. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36554570/